By Live Dr - Sat Oct 11, 2:27 pm


PLAB: PLAB is required to be elligible to work in the U.K. Has 2 steps.
PLAB 1: you can write in India. It is equivalent to CK part of USMLE.
PLAB 2: You have to write in U.K. It is equivalent to CS part of USMLE.

You have to have degree before you are elligible to write PLAB.

Once you pass PLAB, you have to apply for jobs in the U.K. and the relevant visa (HSMC). It is very difficult to get job in the U.K. these days and hence to get that visa especially in surgical departments. Therefore doctors in the U.K. are heading towards different part of the worlds.
However, if you get a job then you have to write MRCP (if medicine) or MRCS (if surgery) and then you can become a consultant after few years of advance training.

Don’t know more then that about PLAB.


Leave a Reply