Complete one-day Medical Strike throughout INDIA on Monday, June 25th, 2012
By Live Dr - Sun Jun 24, 3:50 am
PROTEST PROTEST PROTEST
Call for a complete one-day token protest / Medical Strike in your area on Monday, June 25th, 2012 and request to form District level Action Committees in consultation with your other Office Bearers
excerpts from mail from IMA national President….
Dear Sir/ Ma’am,
This has reference to our previous communications related to one-day token protest / Medical Strike in your area on Monday, June 25th, 2012 against the issues enumerated as under.
We wish to further state that whatever rules & regulations are being imposed/ planned to be imposed on our profession, are directly going to affect the health care cost to our patients.
1. Introduction of NCHRH Bill-2011 is going to affect our medical practice as the National Commission for Human Resources in Health (NCHRH) so formed will be a superarching body on all the Councils of medical profession, which clearly means that the powers of Medical Council of India, Dental Council, Pharmacist Council and Nursing Council etc. will be lost and all these will be governed by the proposed Commission which will be managed by the nominees of the Government and not by elected persons of the medical profession. Action taken by this National Commission won’t be challengeable in any Court of Law.
2. Clinical Establishment Act will not let any doctor with limited resources (single doctor) practice medicine comfortably. Running our clinics in accordance with the provisions of this Act will mean having fully equipped clinics like Nursing Homes etc. and therefore, the cost of treatment or stabilization of any kind of emergencies will increase manifold.
3. Dissolution of MCI & 3rd consecutive term for its autocratically appointed Board of Governors. Restoration of democratic set up of MCI is very important so that our working & medical education can be controlled by only medical graduates. Any further attempt to take away our autonomy needs to be opposed now with our full might.
The Central Working Committee of IMA discussed all the issues of the medical profession with great concern at its 207th meeting held at Mumbai, Mah. on April 22, 2012 and it was decided as follows:-
1. A Protest Dharna of leaders of IMA will be organized at Jantar Mantar, New Delhi on 18-6-2012.
2. A complete All India Medical Strike along with a Protest Rally/Dharna in front of the offices of the local authorities related to Health department will be organized by all State/ Local Branches of IMA on Monday, the 25th June, 2012.
3. All State and Local Branches of IMA will submit a letter/ memorandum to the political leader / concerned Health Department of their area regarding the above grave issues of concern for the medical profession.
You are requested to kindly:-
1. Form District level Action Committees to organize the Strike in the most effective manner in consultation with your other Office Bearers and take immediate necessary action to ensure complete closure of all medical establishments except emergency services in your area
2. Sensitize all your members and the general masses on the gravity of the situation and arrange to organize a complete one-day token protest / Medical Strike in your area, invite Local Political Leaders of your area on Monday, June 25th, 2012, organize press conferences and circulate hand bills etc on the above said issues &
3. Submit a letter/memorandum to the Chief Minister/ Health Minister/ Collector/ MP/ MLA/ Political Leaders/ Health officials of your State/ Branch apprising them about IMA’s viewpoints on all the above issues. The draft matter for Memorandum and IMA’s view points on the above issues are available on the IMA website – www.ima-india.org
You will kindly agree that if we surrender to assaults on our profession today, the Govt. will come up with many more suppressive moves to demean and harass the medical profession.
IF WE DON’T ACT NOW WITH OUR FULL MIGHT TO DISPEL THESE MOVES OF THE GOVT.,
OUR FUTURE GENERATIONS WILL NEVER EXCUSE US
FOR THEIR PREDICAMENTS DUE TO OUR UNDOINGS TODAY.
Thanking you and with kind regards.
Hony. Secretary General
Spl. Action Committee for
Medical Strike on 25-6-12