how to apply for FMGE mci Screening Test for the year 2010 indian Medical Students from ukraine china russia
By Live Dr - Wed Apr 28, 12:00 pm
The FMGE-Screening Test has been introduced by the Screening Test Regulations 2002. As per the regulations, “An Indian citizen possessing a primary medical qualification awarded by any medical institution outside India who is desirous of getting provisional or permanent registration with the Medical Council of India or any State Medical Council on or after 15.03.2002 shall have to qualify a screening test conducted by the prescribed authority for that purpose as per the provisions of section 13 of the Act.”
28th March, 2010
Timing of the exam are:
Forenoon/ Ist Session 9:00 AM to 11:30 PM
Afternoon/ IInd Session 1:00 PM to 03:30 PM
- The Applicant must meet/fulfill the following criteria :
- He / She is a citizen of India.
- Possesses primary medical qualifications that are recognized by the Government of the country issuing that qualification and the holder of that qualification is entitled for practice in that country. The said medical school must be listed in WHO directory of medical schools.
- He / She had obtained “Eligibility Certificate’ from the Medical Council of India (applicable only in respect to students who took admission abroad on or after 15.03.2002). This requirement shall not be necessary in respect of Indian citizens or overseas citizens of India who have obtained admission in foreign medical institute before 15th March 2002.
- All students who have taken admission abroad prior to 15.03.2002 and are required to qualify the Screening Test for their registration, shall be allowed to appear in the Screening Test even if they do not meet the minimum admission norms of MCI for joining undergraduate medical course, subjected to the compliance of the Judgment(s) of the Hon’ble Supreme Court/Competent Courts in this regard including but not limited to judgment dated 8th March 2002 in Civil Appeal No. 2779 of 2000 & other judgments.
- From 15.03.2002 and onwards all students are required to obtain an Eligibility Certificate from MCI before proceeding abroad for studies in Medicine.
- Applicants/Candidates may also refer to Screening Test Regulations and Regulations on Graduate Medical Education, Eligibility Certificate Regulations issued by Medical Council of India. The same may be referred to at www.mciindia.org or obtained from Secretary, Medical Council of India, Sector 8 Pocket 14, Dwarka, New Delhi. Telephone: 25367033, 25367035 Fax: 25367024.
How to apply:
- Application forms can be downloaded from website www.natboard.edu.in; downloaded forms have to be submitted alongwith form fee of Rs.750/-.
- For more information, visit http://www.natboard.edu.in/fmge/bulletin/bulletin_Pdf_Format.pdf
- Last date for Receiving of Application Forms : 31st January, 2010
- Last date for Receiving of Application Forms (with late fees) : 14th February, 2010
- Dispatch of Admit Cards will begin : 10th March, 2010