Largest healthcare Expo exhibition 2010 mHealth Summit
By Live Dr - Sun Nov 07, 11:09 pm
Two Thousand Participants from Forty-Eight Countries Prepare to Attend
Largest of its Kind, Summit features Bill Gates, Aneesh Chopra and Ted Turner
Washington, DC (November 4) — The countdown to the 2010 mHealth Summit has begun. The event, taking place next week from November 8-10th at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C., will explore ways mobile technology can increase the access, quality and efficiency of healthcare to millions of families in communities in the U.S. and around the globe.
“We’re extremely pleased that this year’s event is attracting such a diverse group of participants from across private and public sectors,” says Richard Scarfo, Director of Strategic Alliances and mHealth Summit Director at the Foundation for the National Institutes of Health. “From South Africa to Seattle, leaders in research, technology, business and policy are coming together to discuss the benefits and challenges of mHealth.”
With Bill Gates, the White House’s first Chief Technology Officer Aneesh Chopra, UN Foundation Board Chairman Ted Turner, and Rockefeller Foundation President Dr. Judith Rodin delivering keynote addresses, the Summit promises to be a groundbreaking opportunity to build awareness and inspire action around how mobile technology can improve lives. In addition to high-level speakers, several key announcements will be made at the Summit, including increased commitments to mHealth both in the U.S. and around the world.
“One of the missions of this Summit is to explore ways to make the promise and the economics of mHealth work so sustainable healthcare solutions are created in the developing world to help people who do not currently have access to medical information or treatment,” says David Aylward, Executive Director of the mHealth Alliance. “We are in a position to make a major difference for people in need.”
The Summit has been organized by the Foundation for the National Institutes of Health, the mHealth Alliance and the National Institutes of Health.
Exhibitors List: http://www.mhealthsummit.org/exhibitors/list
Special Sessions: http://www.mhealthsummit.org/conference/program-sessions
Attending Organizations: http://www.mhealthsummit.org/attending-organizations
Top thought-leaders in government, research, academia and industry will address the varied facets of mobile health, and how it is shaping the future of healthcare delivery in the U.S. and internationally, including the developing world:
– Dr. Julio Frenk, Dean of Faculty, Harvard School of Public Health and former Minister of Health, Mexico;
– Bill Gates, Co-Chair and Trustee, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation;
– Francis S. Collins, Ph.D., Director, National Institutes of Health;
– Ted Turner, Chairman, United Nations Foundation;
– Todd Park, Chief Technology Officer, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS);
– Aneesh Chopra, U.S. Chief Technology Officer; and
– Dr. Judith Rodin, President, The Rockefeller Foundation.
Seven Super Sessions will focus on critical issues in mHealth, such as:
– Optimizing Privacy and Data Security in the Mobile Technology Era
– Innovation, Public Safety and Reimbursement: Regulatory and Policy Perspectives
– Comparative Effectiveness Research and mHealth.
– Cross Sectoral Perspectives of mHealth
– The Impact and Future Visions of mHealth
– The Executive Perspective
– Lessons Learned Around the Globe
Six conference tracks and side sessions covering topics that include Mobile Money, Business and Mobile Health; mHealth’s Apps Enhance Quality of Care; The Role of Pervasive Technologies in Wireless Health; Cloud Computing Solutions for Mobile Healthcare; Cool Tools and Patient Monitoring; Infection Control and mHealth; How and Where are Mobile Technologies Improving Maternal and Child Health; Health Behavior Modification and Mobile Technology; Validation and Practical Deployment of Wireless Health; and mHealth and Emergency Response.
– Funding Networking Session
– mHealth Debate: Digital Efficiency and Extension, or Disruptive Transformation?
– How Individuals, Companies and Agencies Can Prepare for Health Emergencies and Natural Disasters Using Technology (presented by The American Red Cross)
The latest products and applications will be on display from companies including: Verizon Wireless, Samsung, Diversinet, Lenovo, Intel, MedApps, BodyMedia, Calgary Scientific, Bug Labs, Boston Life Labs, AT&T, Actigraph, DeviceAnywhere, Damaka, iHealth Ventures, iMetrikus, Qualcomm, Sprint, WellDoc, Voxiva, Vocel, and many more.
A Technology Demonstration Pavilion will showcase innovative up-and-coming companies and their devices, and the Poster Gallery will be filled with 185 examples of pioneering projects and technology.
– Partnering Sponsor: Verizon Wireless
– Luncheon Sponsor: Johnson & Johnson,
– Sponsors: Abbott, Accenture, American Telemedicine Association, CDC Foundation, Continua Alliance, CTIA The Wireless Foundation, CTIS: A Health Informatics Company, Health Metrics Network, Intel, McKesson, Microsoft Research, Pfizer, Qualcomm Wireless Health, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Skype, Rockefeller Foundation, and the West Wireless Health Institute.
Global Health Council, Inveneo, Mobile Monday Washington (dcMoMo), Research America, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, and the United Nations Foundation
About the 2010 mHealth Summit
The 2010 mHealth Summit is organized by the Foundation for the National Institutes of Health in partnership with the mHealth Alliance and the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The event will take place November 8-10 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C.
Other Event Highlights:
– Network with over 2,000 professionals from the U.S and 48 countries, and gain unparalleled access to the biggest names in the health, policy and the mobile ecosystem
– Two evening receptions conveniently located in the Exhibit Hall
For further information contact:
Kate Barrett at email@example.com, 301.435.2613 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 301.435.2613 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
For General Registration and Conference Details, visit: www.mhealthsummit.org
For Media Credentials and Registration, go to: http://mhealthsummit.org/press/registration
Twitter hashtag: #mHS10
Tweet me: The biggest names in mobile health will be at the #mHealth Summit in DC Nov 8-10! Don’t miss out, register today http://tinyurl.com/3yszhhh #mHS10
Note to Editors: Visit http://www.mhealthsummit.org/ for event details