MCI Screening Test-March,2010 questions collected from Internet
By Live Dr - Tue Mar 30, 11:41 am
1. genomics defination
2. which of the following doesnt include in critical trial
3. lardaceous spleen is seen in
c. kala azar
4. reverse transcriptase..
a. dna dependent dna polymerase
b. rna dependent rna polymerase
c. dna dependent rna polymerase
d. rna dependent dna polymerase
5. menorrhagia not seen in
c. pelvic endometriosis
d. dermoid cyst of ovary
6. false about HIV IS
a. it infects cd4+ cells
b. cd4:cd8 ratio reversal
c. macrophages are infected
d. it is a dna virus
7. ESI payable sickness benefit is given for
a. 91 days
b. 101 days
c. 51 days
d. 81 days
8. unsaturated fat should not exceed what percent of the diet
9. bysinosis is due to
a. cotton dust
10. orphan durg defination
11. healthy human volunteers are seen in
a. phase I
b. phase II
c. phase III
12. dose should be monitered for all drugs except
13. which is developed from all the 3 germ layers
a. tympanic membrane
b. external aucostic meatus
c. auditory tube
14. which tendon passes through pyramid of middle ear
b. tensor tympani
c. tensor vili palatine
d. levator vili palatine
15. abduction of vocal cords
a. posterior cricoarytinoid
b. lateral cricoarytinoid
16. 68% comes under how much sd
a. 1 standard deviation
b. 2 sd
c. 3 sd
d. 4 sd
17. in a study conducted… exposed to risk factor are 10 diseased and only 5 diseased from nonexposed .. what is the relative risk?
18. sensitivity gives
a. true positive
19. surfactant is produced by
a. type I alveolar cells
b. type II alveolar cells
c. type III alveolar cells
20. J receptors are found in
a. respiratory bronchiole
21. basic principle of schick test is
b. compliment fixation
22. which of the following is reservoir of balantidium coli
23. subcentre in rural areas cover what population
24. target IMR by 2010 is
a. 25/1000 live births
b. 20 /1000
25. No. of beds in community health centre is
26. multifocal leukoencephalopathy is caused by which virus
b. jc polyoma virus
27. corneal transplant transmits which virus
b. adeno virus
28. conjunctivitis not caused by
b. entero virus 70
29. glucose transport across intestine needs
30.all causes loss of K+ except
a. ethacrynic acid
31. Zinc deficiency causes
32. adverse effect of sulfa salazine
33. all impede Fe absorption except
a. ascorbic acid
34. side effect of salmetrol is
d. interstitial nephritis
35. PGI2 causes
a. vasodilatation and inhibit platelet aggregation
b. vaso dilatation and platelet aggregation
c. vasoconstriction and inhibit platelet aggregation
d. vasoconstriction and platelet aggregation
36. PGE2 function
a. inhibit gastric acid secretion
b. chief prostaglandin produced in stomach
37. MgSo4 toxicity are monitored by all except
c. patellar tendon reflex
d. urine output
38. cryptosporidium in stool is stained by
c. modified ZN stain
39. noncultivable fungus among the following is
40. sulfonamide mechanism of action
a. competitive inhibition
b. uncompitetive inhibition
c. non competitive inhibition
d. allosteric modificatiion
41.subacute combined degeneration of cord is due to deficiency of
a. vit B12
42. subacute sclerosing panencephalitis is due to
43. in new born spinal cord ends at
44. differential diagnosis for femoral hernia are all except
a. psoas abscess
b. adductor magnus hematoma
c. saphenous varix
45. in triple arthrodeisis all are done except
46.ARDS most common symptom is
c. chest pain
47.signet ring appearance occurs in
a. bronchial adenoma
c. bronchogenic carcinoma
d. bronchogenic cyst
48.criteria for ARDS are all except
a. PCWP < 18 MM hG
b. PaO2/FiO2 < 200
c. recent onset bilateral crepts and high grade fever
d. pulmonary edema
49.chemodectoma refers to
a. turban tumor
b. carotid ody tumor
c. STERNOCLEIDOMASTOID tumor
50.in torticolis which muscle is affected
51. Leforts # is
a. # of maxilla
b. # of mandible
52.orbital blow out # involves
a. lateral wall and floor of orbit
b. medial wall and floor
c. lateral wall and roof
d. medial wall and roof
53.pulsating proptosis occurs in
a. carotico cavernous fistula
b. cavernous hemangioma
54.epiphora in a 4 month old child is due to
a. congenital dacryocystitis
b. chronic dacryocystitis
55.rubeosis iridis occurs in all except
56.Blepharitis refers to inflammation of
a. skin of eye lid
b. any part of eye lid
c. margins of eye
57.olfactory sensation lost in all except
d. ducchene muscular dystrophy
58.dentigenous cyst seen in
a. dental cyst
b. dental eruption
59.T1 lesion over lateral border of tongue,. what is T/t of choice
60.Land mark for facial nerve during parotidectomy all are except
c. zygomatic process
d. post belly of diagastric
61.fibers from nucleus ambiguous are seen in all except
a. CN IX
b. CN X
c. CN XI
d. CN XII
62.what hooks over arch of aorta
a. Lt recurrent laryngeal nerve
b. phrenic nerve
c. cardiac branch of Lt. vagus
63. pneumatocele is found in
a. Staph aureus
64. Hornors syndrome is caused by
a. pancoast tumor
b. oat cell ca
65. claw hand is seen in
a.median nerve palsy
b. ulnar nerve palsy
c. radial nerve palsy
66. treatment of choice for CTEV
a. cock up splint
b. abductor bar
c. drop foot splint
67. treatment for schizophrenia
d. mood stabiliser
68. DOC for malaria
69. all are anti arrythmics except
70. A case: a person on atenolol.. with HR 40 .. undergoing anaesthesia.. what is the DOC for increasing the HR
a. iv. atropine
b. iv adrenaline
c. iv isoprenaline
71.coronary blood flow is under
a. auto regulation
b. sympathetic system
72. -ve waves in JVP
a. x and y
b. a and v
c. a and c
d. c and x
73.Lichen planus… which of the following is seen except
a. koebners phenomenon
b. lesions on hands and feet
c. lesions are pruritic
74.what are seen in phemphigus vulgaris
a. acantholytic subepidermal blisters
b. non acantholytic subepidermal blisters
c. acantholytic epidermal blisters
d. nonacantholytic epidermal blisters
75.treatment for vitiligo
C. UVA + psorolin
76.which of the following doesnot include in H.pylori regimen
77.Laproscopy is not preferred in
a. lean person
b. obese person
c. perforated appendix
d. interval appendectomy
78.abdominal compartment syndrome is seen when pressure is >
a. 20 mmHg
79.which has IP < 1wk
80. chronic flourine toxicity occurs when conc. of flourine is
c. < 1ppm
81. CSF sample should be preserved for which poisioning
82. a child with s/s of acute otitis media and neck stiffness and vomiting what is the investigation of choice
83. a chronic alcoholic for 20 yrs with 10 yrs history of dependance with s/s of delerium tremens and gaze palsy what is the diagnosis
a. wernikes encephalopathy
b. korsakoff psychosis
c. delerium tremans
d. alcoholic psychosis
84. charactz notch is seen in
a. acute otitis media
b. chronic otitis media
85. what is involved in otosclerosis
86. Fe binding protein is
87.in vit B12 deficiency which of the following is not seen
a. microcytic anemia
c. peripheral neuritis
88. which is not a feature of downs
89. megalocornea is not seen in
90. Gardeingers syndrome.. all are seen except
91. single pelvic ala is seen in
a. naegles pelvis
b. ricketic pelvis
c. roberts pelvis
92. mania is characterised by
a. overproductivity and overexpression
b. underproductivity and underproduction
93. dec IOP and dec ant chamber fluid seen in which glaucoma
94. functions of VIP are all except
95. In labour the cervix has all except
a. increased collagen
b. decreased collagen
c. increased hylarunic acid
96. In Lt occiput anterior postion.. what is the postion of fontanelle…
97. In fully flexed position what is the engaging diameter
98. cobra head appearance on IVU occurs on?
99. treatment of choice for anal carcinoma is?
cobra head appearance us seen in – uretrocoele
spider leg appearance – polycystic kidney
number of beds in chc
goal of national health policy 2002 to reduce mmr to- <30
bysinosis is caused by— cotton dust
lordocious spleen seenin – amylodisis
all the followin are pre disposing for ca thyroid except multi nodula goitre, thyroid cyst, radiations the 4th option was the answer
antibiotic used in acute necrotic pancreatitis
antibioti not used in h pylori eradication- ciproflxacin
anti pseudomonal — ticarcillin
treatmnt of choice ib acute musculer dystonie
photoretinitis caused by – ir rays
anti glaucome conta ind in asthma
treatment used in herpes encephalitis
vaccine can be given in pregnancy hepatitis – hep b
doc or dermatitis herpetiformis..
which does not need dose monitoring ..- metformin, phenytoin , cycloserine , tarcolimus
not a cause or mnorrhegia .. dermoid cyst of overy
relative rise calculation
what s not true about longitudinal studies .. less expensive n takes less time
true about case controle studies – attributive risk can not be calculated ..
sub center at backward areas -3000, 5000?
total carbohydretes provided in midmeal scheem – 50 ,100, 150 mg none?
1.Bed’s capacity in chc?
2.Blow out fracture effects?
3.vitrous haemorrage due to all except?
4.Short staure in child is due to?
2.growth hormone less
5.drugs for non hodgkin lymphoma?
7.While ligating Thyroid Artery Which nerve may damage?
8.Cause for secondary hypertension?
1.taking too much salt.
9.Patient on RNTCP should visit to doctor?
1.1 2 3 month.
2.2 3 4 month.
3.2 3 5 month.
4.1 3 5 month.
10.Nutmeg liver is een in?
11.One question about ARDS?
12.All are seen in parkinsonism?
2.switch on off.
13.Horse shoe kidney is seen in?
14.Plasma level rise in pregnancy upto?
1.30% (acc to sakshi arora)
2.40% (harmeet goeal)i marked……
15.D.O.C for shizophrenia?
16.D.O.C for migraine?
17.Wrigley’s forceps are?
18.I.O.C for pelvic inflammation something?
19.To measure I.O.L power?
20.Intra abdominal pressure?
21.Childs spine ends at?
22.Sensitivity is for?
23.spider leg appearance is seen in?
25.One Sub centre in backword areas is for?
27.In which of the following Hyper resonance is not seen?
28.Bysinosis is due to?
29.Most common cause of erectile dysfunction?
30.Which of the following is not performed by female MPW?
31.I.O.C for acute cholecystitis?
32.Non-Ionising radiation are all except?
33.One qustion pneumonia related?
34.Shick test is a type of?
35.Bhopal gas tragedy is?
36.Dengue is spread by?
37.Ist D.O.C in malaria?
3.Retroorbital deep pain.
39.Sieldinger technique is done for?
40.T.Balintidium is caused by?
41.E.S.I Act benefit leave?
42.A chils undergoes a tooth exraction after 6 hours present with bleeding from mouth due to which facror defficiency?
43.Alcoholic person since 20 years present with restessness,Anxiety,changed behaviour………………..is due to?