MCI Screening Test questions with correct answer collections(FMGE) Question Paper – 2003
By Live Dr - Mon Jan 19, 12:59 pm
MCI (FMGE) Question Paper – 2007
1) Method of termination of pregnancy in first trimester except – a) Misprostol + Mifepristone b) Methotrexate + Mifepristone c) Suction and evactuation d) Ethyl dacrycyanate
2) Lens of the eye is formed from – a) Surface ectoderm b) Mesoderm c) Endoderm d) None of the above
3) Internal sphincterectomy is useful for – a) Anal fissure b) Anal fistula c) Anal canal strictures d) Haemorrhoids
4) Treatment of choice for 3rd degree haemorrhoids – a) Band ligation b) Sclerotherapy c) Surgery d) All of the above
5) Drug used for sclerotherapy of varicose veins a) Tetracycline b) Ethanolamine
6) March fracture is fracture of a) Calcaneus
b) 2nd metatarsal c) Distal fibula d) Proximal tibia
7) Radiolucent stone is a) Cysteine b) Uric acid c) Calcium oxalate
8) Fuchs endothelial dystrophy
9) Deficiency of cobalt causes a) Anaemia
10) Sunflower cataract a) Wilson’s b) Diabetes Mellitus11) According to 2001 census the male:female ratio in India was a) 933 b) 890 c) 957 d) 978
12) According to 2001 census, what was the growth rate of India
13) Amount of free chlorine in drinking water
14) Amount of chlorine needed to kill Cyclops in drinking water
15) CVP stands for a) Central Venous Pressure b) Cardiac Venous Pressure c) Cardiac Valvular Pressure
d) None of the above
16) Conn’s syndrome has all except a) Edema b) Hypokalemia c) Hypernatremia d) Water retention
17) Which of the following is not spread by mosquitoes a) Loa Loa b) Malaria c) Dengue
18) What is Oriental sore?
19) If the length of eyeball increases by 1 mm. The power changes by a) 1D b) 2D c) 3D d) 4D
20) In homocysteinuria, the diet should contain a) increased/ decreased histidine/ cystine / methionine
c) Galactosemia d) Trauma 21) 21. Which muscle is first affected in thyrotoxicosis a) Inferior rectus b) Superior rectus c) Medial Rectus d) Lateral Rectus
22) Curlings ulcers are seen in
a) Head injury b) Burns c) Cushing’s syndrome d) Hiatus hernia
23) Disease spread by ticks a) Rocky mountain spotted fever
24) Which is in the posterior column of spinal cord a) Tractus Gracillus b) Anterior spinocerebellar tract c) Posterior spinocelebellar tract
25) What is not true in conductive deafness a) Absolute bone conduction test b) Weber is lateralized to the bad ear c) Rinne is negative
26) Hellers myotomy is for a) Pyloric hypertrophy b) Achalasia cardia c) Inguinal hernia
27) Near point of human eye is a) 18 cm b) 9 cm c) 50 cm d) 10 cm
28) In mild to moderate Shock what should be given a) Dextran b) Blood c) Ringer lactate
29) Which of the following are colloids a) Albumin b) Ringer lactate c) Physiological saline
30) Most common symptom in pulmonary embolism a) Tachypnea b) Dyspnea c) Pleuritic chest pain d) Cyanosis 31) Most common emergency in neonates a) Prematurity b) Tetanus neonatorum c) Asphyxia d) Umbilical bleeding
32) Life threatening are all except a) Tension pneumothorax b) Open pneumothorax c) Flail chest d) Massive pulmonary haemorrhage
33) Which of the following extraocular muscles does not arise from annulus a) Superior oblique b) Medial rectus c) Lateral rectus d) Inferior rectus
34) ADEK deficiency is seen in a) Steatorrhoea b) Obstructive jaundice
c) Both a & b d) None of the above
35) Hemophilia B is deficiency of which factor a) VIII b) IX c) VII d) X
36) Number of calories in 100 ml breast milk a) 75 b) 100 c) 40 d) 80
37) Percentage of proteins in human milk a) 4.4 b) 3.3 c) 2.2 d) 1.1
38) Gynaecomastia is seen in all except a) Chronic liver diseases b) Spironolactone c) Hypothyroidism d) Klinefelters syndrome
39) Hirsuitism is seen in all except a) PCOD b) Obesity c) Phenytoin d) Hypothyroidism
40) Hyperpigmentation in all except a) Cushings b) Addison’s disease 41) Lacrimal syringing cannot be done in a) Acute dacrocystitis b) Chronic dacrocystitis c) Corneal ulcer with hypopyon d) Cataract
42) Single dose drug given in HIV patients during labour, to prevent transmission a) Zidovudine b) Nevarapine c) Lamividune d) Indinavir
43) Which is not used in secondary prevention of CAD a) Nitrates b) Aspirin c) Statins d) Beta blockers
44) When someone harms property, body, reputation etc illegally what is it called a) Injury b) Assault c) Wound d) Hurt
45) Which is the best site for total parenteral nutrition a) Saphenous b) Brachial c) Carotid
46) Which is best method for supplementing nutrition a) Home parenteral b) Hospital parenteral c) Enteral d) All of the above
47) Level VI cervical nodes include?
48) True for arch of aorta is – a) Ends at lower end of body of T3 b) Crossed by the vagus nerve on the left side c) Situated behind the body of the sternum
49) Which is responsible for respiratory drive – a) CO2 b) O2 c) CO d) HCO3
50) Sudden fall in end tidal CO2 occurs in – a) Cardial arrest b) Pneumonia c) Asthma d) Pneumothorax Mar 30￹FPRIVATE “TYPE=PICT;ALT=” 51) Imipramine is – a) Antipsychotic b) Antidepressant c) Antiepileptic
52) Benzodiazepine which is also antidepressant – a) Alprazolam b) Diazepam
53) Both arteriolar and veno dilator drug is – a) Nitrates b) Nifedipine c) Enalapril d) Prazosin
54) Pheochromocytoma is a feature of – MEN II syndrome
55) Pheochromocytoma is characterized by – a) Paroxysmal hypertension b) Pallor, headache, sweating episodes c) All of the above
56) Pehochromocytoma mainly secretes – a) Epinephrine b) Nor-epinephrine c) Dopamine d) Serotonin
57) C peptide is part of – a) Insulin b) Pro-insulin c) Growth hormone d) ACTH
58) Fracture of neck of femur, position of leg?
59) Vitamin D deficiency in adults – a) Rickets b) Osteromalacia c) Osteoporosis
60) Prerequisite for applying forceps are all except – a) There should be no CPD b) Saggital suture should be in line with transverse diameter of pelvis c) Foetal head should be at perineum d) Aftercoming head of breach 61) Pudendal nerve is related to – a) Ischial tuberosity b) Ischial spine c) Sacral promontory
62) Metabolic syndrome includes all except – high HDL levels
63) Metabolic syndrome includes all except – a) Obesity b) Hypertension c) Glucose intolerance d) Myocardial infarction
64) Surveillance includes all except – a) Active b) Passive c) Cross section studies d) Follow up investigations
65) Mean Pulmonary artery pressure?
66) Raynaud’s occurs in which of the following?
67) Baggosis is caused by – a) Sugarcane dust b) Cotton dust c) Asbestos d) Wood dust
68) Brown induration of the lung occurs in – a) Cor pulmonale b) Asthma c) Rheumatic mitral stenosis d) Jaundice
69) Kimmelsteil lesions seen in – a) DM b) SLE c) Wegener’s granulomatosis d) Multiple myelome
70) Negri bodies are seen in – a) Rabies b) Polio c) CJD71) Area under curve of time and concentration is – a) Efficacy b) Extent of absorption of drug c) Potency
72) First order kinetics is?
73) Chromaphenicol is used in a) Bacterial conjunctivitis b) Bacterial meningitis c) TB d) Typhoid
74) Which does not cause hyperprolactinemia a) Levodopa b) Bromocriptine c) Pituitary tumour
75) Illusion is?
76) Delusion is a disorder of – thinking
77) Clasp knife rigitidy is also called – a) Crossed extensor reflex b) Inverse stretch reflex c) Lengthening reaction
78) Which disease is due to reduction of dopamine deficiency in brain – Parkinson’s
79) Phantom limb is due to – (the choice wasn’t amputation, they asked for the mechanism behind Phantom limb)
80) A child is considered responsible for a crime after the age of – a) 7 yrs b) 5 yrs c) 10 yrs d) 12 yrs 81) Insulin secretion on ingestion of carbohydrates is by which substance – a) VIP b) CCK-PZ c) Amylase
82) Excessive insulin is due to – a) Insulinoma b) Pancreatic cancer c) Diabetes mellitus
83) Most metastatic and most responsive to chemotherapy is – a) Small cell carcinoma
b) Squamous cell carcinome c) Adenocarcinoma d) Large cell carcinoma
84) Smoking leads to which lung cancer – a) Small cell carcinoma b) Squamous cell carcinoma c) Adenocarcinoma d) Large cell carcinoma
85) Fertilization occurs in which part of the fallopian tube – a) Ampulla b) Isthmus c) Interstitial d) Fimbrial
86) True about fallopian tubes except – lined by cuboidal epithelium
87) Primary amernorrhoea with bulging at hymen – a) Rokitansky syndrome b) Imperforate hymen c) PCOS
88) WHO guidelines for minimal sperm count is – a) 10 million b) 20 million c) 50 million d) 60 million
89) In rabies dose of Immunoglobulin to be given?
90) Incubation period knowledge helps in all except- a) Isolation
b) Quarantine c) Detecting source of epidemic d) Vaccination 91) Carpal tunnel is associated with – a) Hyperparathyroidism b) Rheumatoid arthritis
92) Eggshell calcification is seen in – a) Capgrass syndrome b) Asbestosis c) Silicosis
93) Withdrawal is seen in all except – a) Alcohol b) Methadone c) Morphine
94) Less than 60 mg glucose in pleural effusion is seen in – a) Malignant pleural effusion b) Tb c) Due to CHD
95) What is glucose tolerance test – 100 mg glucose after 2 hours
96) What is diabetes mellitus – more than 200 mg fasting sugar
97) All of the following have polyuria except – a) Diabetes, mellitus b) Diabetes insipidus
[snip]) Hamartoma is – disorganised mass of tissue normally present
99) Spontaneously clearing hemangioma – strawberry
100) True about facial muscles – delevop from 3rd pharyngeal arch, dilates and constrict facial orifices, supplied by facial nerve
101) Name of parotid duct – whatrons, stensons
102) Parotid duct passes through all the following structures except – buccal fat pad, masesster, buccinator, buccopharyngeal fascia
103) Exostosis is corrected by – glasses, … prism , .. all of the above
104) Peculiar tumour is due to – osteomyelitis of skull/ cyst in skull /
105) Renal transplant is – syngenic,…
106) Charles Bernard is famous for – first heart transplant/ first renal transplant / liver
107) Shock in trauma is most likely due to – head injury/ injury to intra abdominal solid organ
108) Which larvae is parallel to surface of water – culex, anopheles, aedes, sandfly
109) DDT is – synthetic, natural, organophosphate
110) Shortest acting insulin – glargine, ultralente
111) Pressure in middle ear is increased by how many times when sound is transmitted from middle to inner ear – 1.3/22/17
112) Most common complication of acute sinusitis – cavernous sinus thrombosis/ meningitis/ otitis media
113) Preseptal cellulits leads to – lid edema/proptosis
114) Orbital cellulits most common in which sinusitis? 116) Which does not arise from great cardic sinus – .. cardiac vein
117) Rarest involvement in Rheumatic fever – mitral/aortic ; incompetence/stenosis
118) Volume overload is all except – VSD, TOF, ASD, PDA
119) In TOF all are present except – boo shaped heart shadow, in 80% right sided arch of aorta, oligemic lung fields
120) Corticosteroids in fetal lung maturity all except – repeated does in high risk preganancies/ decreased risk of enterocolotis and interacranial haemorrhage/ ones are given /
121) All are type .. hypersensitivity reaction except – Steven jhonsons , .. induced haemolytic anemia/ .. induced thrombocytopenia etc
122) Indirect coombs test is done in – Rh negative woman with Rh positive husband
123) Prevalence is a – a) Rate b) Ratio c) Proportion d) Percentage
124) Fastest acting – mivacurium, doxacurium etc
125) Radium emits – gamma, alpha, beta, all
126) Gamma camera is used for – whole body radiation, gamma knife, radionuclide scans, all of the above
127) Charcots/ neuropathic joints are most commonly seen in DM , syringolmyelia, leprosy
128) Malnutrition is assed clinically by – mid arm circumference, BMI, all of the above
129) Specific sign of kwashiorkor – flag , edema, weight loss
130) TPO antibodies are present in – hashimotos …
115) Which is not ionotropic – dopamine, dobutamin
130) TPO antibodies are present in – hashimotos …
131) Metastasis from follicular carcinoma should be treated by – radioiodine, sugery, radiotherapy
132) Which doesn’t spread by lymphatics – basal cell
133) Which is commonest site for rodent ulcer – inner canthus of eye
134) Thinnest part of scelra – limbus
135) Corneal nutrition is by – perilimbal vessels, aqueous humour, mucous layer, corneal vessels
136) Not a histological layer of conjunctiva –
137) Which of the following is painless is – a) Anterior nodular uveities
b) Anterior diffuse uveities c) Posterior uveitis
138) Best way to sterilize glass syringes
139) Components of Disposikit used by Dai are all except – a) Thread b) Soap pieces c) Dettol d) Sterilized blade
140) Cold sterilization is done by – a) UV b) Infra red c) Inionizing radiation d) Steam 141) Who discovered X rays – a) Roentgen b) Curie c) Becquerel d) Gray
142) Surgical blades are best sterilised in a) Autoclave b) Hot air c) Gamma rays d) Boiling
143) Delusion is a disorder of – a) Thinking b) Memory c) Perception d) Learning
144) Catatonia is a type of – a) Schizophrenia b) Phobia c) Depression d) OCD
145) How many doses of MMR are given? a) 1 b) 2 c) 3 d) 4 146)1 gm hb carry how many gm of oxygen? 1.33, 1.44, 1.22
147,lobe of the ear is made of ? elastic cartilage
148)wats the fasting sugar level id DM? 120 -180, 140-180, 140 -160
149)which doesn’t require police investigation? Road accident
150)which gene is not seen in tumour? Brca,ck, etc
151)wat is coharts sudy? Relative …
152)in cholera the gene transmitted by?
153)phosensitivity and phototoxity is seen with? Tetracycline
154)cadaver like position of vocal cord seen in ? superior and recurrent larnyngeal never plasy
155)hiv wat type of cell r involved? CD 4
156) repeated in both papers abt hiv?
157) Amyloid is stained by ? methyl blue, congo red etc
158)nasocomial infection after how many hours? 24, 48, 72, 96
159) low dose of drug becomes stable after how many half life’s? 2, 3, 4
160)wat is treatment of choice with placenta previa with bleeding in pregnancy? C.S , vaginal delivery, birth induction..Etc
161)ph of blood is 7.5
162) which of following doesn’t have dna material? Saliva, csf ..etc
163)where constriction of eosopahgus see except?
164)kidney is supported by all except?
165)which is yeast like fungi? Candida 166) flea bitten kidney is seen in?
146) Function of neocerebellum a) propioception b) planning of movements c) maintaining posture* d) ———-
147) All of the following helps maintaining boday at equilibrium a) eyes b) cerebellum c) vestibulospinal tract d) all of the above.
148) All are the nuclei of cerebrum except a) amygdala b) raphae nucleus c) dentate nucleus d) red nucleus.
149) Neurotransmitter depleted in Parkinson ‘s disease a) acetylcholine b) Dopamine c) Glutamate d) GABA.
150) Which of the following comes under higher cortical function a) sexual behaviour b) memory
c) emotion* d) planning of movements*.
151) A cut /lesion above the pyramidal decussation results in a) contralateral loss of vibration & joint position b) contralateral loss of propioception c) ipislateral loss of pain & temperature d) paralysis of limbs.
152) A patient with conduction aphasia will have berry aneursyms at a) ant.communicating cerebral artery b) posterior cerebral artery c) pontine artery d) basilar artery.
153) Investigation of choice in diffusion defect will be best manifested by uptake of a) O2 b) CO c) NO2 d) O2 .
154) A patient will interstitial lung disease u will confirm it by which test a) CT scan b) X – Ray c) Bronchoscopy d) —— .
155) Pulmonary edema will be caused by a) COPD b) chronic bronchitis c) pulmonary emobolism* d) mitral stenosis.
156 ) All are the signs of Cor pumonale except a) elevated JVP b) hepatomegaly c) peripheral edema d) dyspnea.
157) Acute anginal attack can be terminated by a) verapamil b) lignocaine c) digoxin d) nitroglycerin.
158) Carotid sinus massage will terminate a) suprventicular tachycardia b) supraventicular arrythmia c) atrial fibirillation d) atrial flutter.
159) All can occur as complications of rheumatic fever except a) mitral stenosis b) mitral regurgitation 159) All can occur as complications of rheumatic fever except a) mitral stenosis b) mitral regurgitation c) aortic stenosis d) aortic regurgitation .
160) Respiratory acidosis caused by all except a) COPD b) pulmonary hypertension* c) interstitial lung disease d) chronic bronchitis.
161) Prevention of developing risk factors in CAD comes under a) primary prevention b) secondary prevention c) primordial prevention d) tertiary prevention .
162) Concentric hypertrophy is caused by a) coarctation of aorta* b) hypertension c) dilated cardiomyopathy d) hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.
163) Multiple sinuses from infection of great toe mainly caused by a) tuberculosis b) actionmyces c) madura myectoma d) —-
164) Most common carcinoma of stomach a) squamous carcinoma b) anaplastic carcinoma c) adenocarcinoma d) ———— .
165) Common location of gastrinoma of zollinger syndrome is a) duodenum b) jejunum c) gall bladder d) pancreas .
166) All r the features of MEN 1 syndrome except a) pitiutory tumor
b) hyperparathyroidism c) medullary carcinoma of thyroid d) pancreatic tumor.
167) Pheochromocytoma is usually associated with a) astrocytomas b) neurofibromatosis c) pancreatic carcinoma* d) ———– .
168 ) Which of the following is occurs only in liver a) glycogenolysis b) glycogen synthesis* c) urea cycle d) —–
169 ) Which of the follwing causes mental retardation a) PKU b) von gierke* disease c) tyrosinemia d) Galactosemia *
170 ) During starvation brain can use following except a) ketones b) FFA* c) glucose* d) glycogen
171) Follwing are the causes of hepatic encephalopathy except a) alcohol b) kenrictirus* c) ketoacidosis d) hepato renal syndrome*
172) Hepatitis spread by fecal oral route is a) Hep B b) Hep C c) Hep A d) Hep D
173) 3 year old child with secretory otitis media drug of choice a) ciprofloaxacin b) gentamicin c) erythromycin d
173) 3 year old child with secretory otitis media drug of choice a) ciprofloaxacin b) gentamicin c) erythromycin d) doxycycline.
174) Drug which is both photosensitive and phototoxic a) tetracycline b) procainamide c) hydralazine* d) chloramphenicol e) erythromycin.
175) Steady state concentration is achieved by a) 2 doses b) 3-4 doses c) 5- 6 doses d) ———
176) Which of the following drug inhibits folate metabolism
a) erythromycin b) doxycycline c) pyrimethamine d) gentamicin
177) All pencillins act by a) inhibiting protein synthesis b) inhibiting cell wall synthesis c) ———d) ———-
178) All are induction agents except a) thiopental b) halothane c) nitrous oxide d) propofol
179) Drug used to control post partum hemorrahage a) ergotmetrine b) prostaglandin analogue c) oxytocin d) progesterone
180) All of the following suggest that ovulation has occurred except a) rise in body temperature b) starting of menstruation c) increase in secretions d) ————-
181) Uterine artery is a branch of a) external illiac b) abdominal aorta c) internal iliac
d) femoral artery .
182) 32 weeks pregenant lady come in emergency room with massive bleeding per vagina , uterus painful and tender, cause is a) Accidental rupture b) placenta praveia c) rupture of membranes* d) ——– .
183) 1 mm of cornea contains how may cells a) 800 b) 3000 c) 5000 d) 8000 .
184) Refractive index of cornea is a) 1.45 mm b) 1 mm c) 1. 45 diopter d) ———–
185) Angle closure* glaucoma the thinnest/ bent/ *closed angle occurs at -canal of schlemm,——–, ———-, ———– .
186) An eye has lost both direct and indirect light reflexes, the likely lesion will be of a) optic tract b) optic nerve c) occulomotor nerve d) optic radiations .
187) Which of the following drug can be used topically in eye- sorry can’t recall choices (
188) In Lowe syndrome( concerning Ophthalmology ) all occurs except—-sorry can’t recall choices (
189) Muscles of larynx is at cadaveric position cause is a) left recurrent laryngeal nerve palsy b) both recurrent nerve palsy c) hemiparalysis of both nerves
190) Police inquest is required in all except a) murder b) sucide c) accidental death d) dowry death .
192) External pinna is a) hyaline cartilage b) fibrocartliage c) elastic cartilage d) ————-
193 Metastatic follicluar carcinoma of thyroid is best treated with a) radiotherapy b) iodine121 c) ——–d) ——–
194) CA-125 OR CA-19-9 is marker for a) colon cancer b) breast cancer c) ovarian cancer d) pancreatic cancer .
195) Impotence is caused by all except
a) Testosetrone deficiency b) GNrh deficiency c) prolactinoma*, d) mumps orchitis
196) All are the features of hyperthyroidism except a) weight loss b) rise in BMR c) delayed deep tendon reflexes d) ——————
197) All occcurs in primary hyperparathyroidism except a) hypophosphatemia b) hypocalcemia c) ——-d) ——–
198) Vit A prohylaxis is given to infants every a) 1 year b) 18 months c) 3 months d) 6 months
199) Potable water will be defined as a) 1 colliforms in 100 ml b) 10 colliforms in 1000 ml c) 0 colliforms in 100ml d) 100 colliforms in 10000ml .
200) Relative risk can computed by a) cohort studies b) cross sectional studies c) envoirnmental studies
d) case control studies .
201) In a factory absent -sickness leaves predicts abt a) relationship between employer and employee b) working envoirnment c) manager control d) ———-
202) Which of the following Reovirus affects nervous system a) Type A b) Type B c) ———d) ———-
203) HIV virus affects a) CD4+ cells b) CD8+cells c) T-cells d) B-cells 204) Some medium of two names starts with ‘S’ —— . ——– used a) Leishmania b) trypansoma cruzi c) toxoplasma gondi d) ——-to diagnose —
205) All of the following r arthropod borne diseases except a) West Nile fever* b) yellow fever c) Lassa fever d) malaria.
207) Cyclops r found in life cycle of a) toxoplasmosis
b) dracunculosis c) ——d) ——
208) All r the gram -ive anaerobic except- clostridium welchii
209) All r yeast like fungi except—- candida, cryptoccous, blastomyces,————- .
210) All r subcutaneous fungal infections except a) sporothrix b) madura c) blastomycosis d) ———-
211) All belong to some fungal family starting with ‘R’ except – sorry can’t recall choices (
212) After a bee sting the reaction occurred is mediated by a) IgA b) IgE c) IgM d) IgG .
213) Just behind body of sternum passesa) ascending aorta b) arch or aorta c) descending aorta d) esophagus*.
214 )Choice of operation for pleomorphic adenomaa) total parotidectomy b) superficial parotidectomy
c) total parotidectomy with lymph node dissection d) —–
215) Most radiosensitive cycle is a) —b) G1-S c) G2-M d) G0-G1
216) Cushing syndrome can be caused by /presents as a feature of — pancreatic carcinoma, gall bladder carcinoma, small cell carcinoma of lungs,————.OR Ectopic ACTH is secreted by—–pancreatic carcinoma, gall bladder carcinoma, small cell carcinoma of lungs
217) Methyl maloynl acid in urine suggests a) –b) Folate deficiency c) Vit B 6 deficiency d) Vit B 12 deficiency .
218) Most useful stain for amyloid protein is -Congo red OR how does Congo red stain shows on amyloid- apple green bifringence .
219) Adson test is positive in a) –b) Superior vena cava syndrome c) Cervical rib d) —-
220) A patient with diarrhea ,blood in stools with multiple strictures or fistulas a) ulcerative colitis b) Crohn’s disease
c) TB d) ——221) Most unfavorable/poor prognosis is seen in which type of breast cancer -inflammatory carcinoma OR infiltrative carcinoma, ……, ….. .
222) A question regarding Addison’s disease all r present except- all choice were of ions- hyper or hypo ,Na, K+, Cl etc – sorry can’t recall exact choices (
223) A question in regarding increased amylase level in all except -Pancreatitis ,sorry can’t recall exact choices (
224) Deep inguinal ring is located in transveralis fascia OR superficial ring located in external oblique muscle.
225) First test to be investigated in Cystic fibrosis / mucoviscoidosis – Sweat Na Cl test., chest x-ray, karyotyping* , PCR*
226) All of the following statements r true except- left kidney is situated lower then right kidney .
227) Bedsore is example of—- venous ulcer, trophic ulcers .
228) Flea bitten kidney is seen in all excepta) malignant hypertension, b) hemolytic-uremic syndrome c) DM d) Poly/Panarteritis nodosa.
229) All are true for Lupus + anticoagulant syphilis except a) recurrent abortions b) arterial thrombosis c) thrombocytosis
230) NADPH dependent myeloperoxidase is a) detoxifier b) phagocytic c) promote immunity* d) ——–.
231 ) All r tumor suppressor genes except NF1, APC, p53 ,Ras OR it was vice versa…..
232) DIC during delivery caused by a) amniotic fluid embolism b) air embolism c) tissue factor d) ——– .
233) t 9,22 translocation seen in- a) CLL b) ALL c) CML. d) ——–
234) Which of the following cells in responsible for fibrosis in liver a) kupffer cells b) hepatic cells c) ito cells d) ——— .
235) All of the following r true except, woman has right to abort his fetus without consent of husband, termination of pregnancy up to 20 weeks by medical practitioner without consulting specialist,—————–, ———————— .
236) All r features of Obstructive jaundice except a) Pruritis b) Clay colour stools c) Bilirubin in urine d) Increased alkaline phosphatase .
237) A lesion in left frontal lobe results in facial nerve palsy presenting—ipsilateral face paralysis, contralateral lower face paresis.
238) Normal weight of infant at 1 year from birth is a) doubled b) tripled c) quadrupled d) ——– .
239) National rural health mission is started by prime minister in a) 2003 b) 2004 c) 2005 d) 2006
240) 1 gm hemoglobin binds a) 1.34 ml of O2 b) 1.30 ml of O2 c) —-d) —–
241) Prophylactic prevention of measles case is necessary up to how many days after appearance of rash a) 2 days b) 5 days c) 7 days
d) 9 days.
242) Total no. of deciduous teeth in an adult person is a) –b) 18 c) 32 d) 12
243) In which stage of sleep cycle Hypoglycemia* can occur OR glucose use is increased* a) 01 NREM b) REM c) 02 NREM d) 03 NREM .
244 ) At what time GH levels are highest a) early morning b) 2 hrs after sleep c) 2 hrs before waking * d) —— .
245) Serum contains all except a) fibrinogen* b) factor VIII* c) platelets* d) —–
246) Drugs should not be given in interstitial lung disease include all except a) bleomycin b) methotrexate* c) vincristine d) ———-
247) A question based on most common arrhythmia or pacemaker required conditionsomething like that – I marked sick sinus syndrome.
248) A question regarding separation of first Polar body— ovulation , fertilization, ——- ,———– .
249) Supracondylar fracture results in which nerve lesion.– musculocutaneous, radial, ulnar, etc.. OR fracture of 2nd distal metacarpal * / Lunate* results in loss of function of which tendon- extensor policis *, flexor brevis* etc .etc .
250) One question on gout stones/crystals polarity or movement (+ive or -ive) sodium monourate, calcium pyrophosphate etc 251) Question concerning a immunological reactions like precipitation, agglutination, hemaagglutination.,coomb’s test etc
252) In hemophilia, which one is increased a) PT b) aPTT c) BT d) CT .
253) Incubation period / initial complaints /complications of Gonorrhea- like it can cause all except – tenosynovitis, dermatitis, —– ,—– .
254) Where does diaphragmatic hernia – bochdalak occur a) left side b) right side c) posterolateral d) none
255) Charcot triad defined by all except a) pain b) fever
c) —-d) —–
256) Best prophylaxis by surgeon in preventing Gas gangrene as a complication a) antibiotics b) following strict protocol for antiseptic c) sterilization methods d) etc.
257) Anemia of pregnancy is —- normochromic normocytic.microcytic normochromic, etc OR Drug of choice in hypertensive pregnant women-hydralazine,methyldopa,etc
258) Lyme’s disease is caused by— Wucheria Bancrofti, Borellia Burgdoferri, etc
259) Sensitivity of PAP smear in picking up cervical cancer in percentage a) 90% b) 80% c) 95% d) ——.
260 ) Intravascular hemolysis is mediated by —– Ig G , Ig M ,Ig E ,— . OR Which one of the mentioned fixes complement via indirect pathway.
261) A primary health care center of village should provide all except -treatment of common diseases, special surgeries,—– ,—–
262) All of the following diseases r reported to WHO except a) yellow fever b) polio c) ——–d) ——— .
263) Monoatricular joint involvement is seen in all except a) osteoarthritis b) rheumatoid arthritis c) gout (reframed Q) // Example of sydesmosis joint or saddle joint.
264) Drug of choice in petit mal seizures a) carbamapazine b) phenytoin c) ethosuxamide d) ——— .
265) All of the following drugs causes hemolysis in G6PD deficiency except – a) choloquine b) nitrofurantin c) sulfonamide d) erythromycin 266) Which of the following is most essential fatty acid a) arachadonic acid b) linoleic acid c) palmitic acid d) ——–
267) Which of following drug inhibits Xanthine oxidase a) probenicid b) quiniarcine c) allopurinol d) ——–
268) RBC’s r susceptible to oxidative stress in which of following conditions a) spectrin deficiency b) pyruvate kinase deficiency c) low Hb
d) (G6PD choice was not given)
269) A question on Sickle cell disease Hb substitution-position or name of amino acid OR All of the following are examples of intravascular hemolysis except —PAH, autoimmune hemolytic anemia , sickle cell disease ,———-, .
270) Scrub typhus is spread by a) louse b) fleas c) trombiculid mite d) ticks .
271) Nosocomial infection after how many hours a) 24 b) 48 c) 72 d) 96 .
272) Nicotinic receptors are seen in all except a) adrenal medulla b) NMJ c) bronchial smooth muscle d) ——–
273) A disease occurring before 65 yr of age is termed as a) senile b) pre senile c) —–d) —– .
274) Pasteurization of milk determined by a) ring test b) methylene blue
c) ——–d) ———
275) All r the features of carcinoid syndrome except a) diarrhea b) acute appendicitis c) flushing d) cyanosis .
276) All r considered bad cholesterol except a) LDL b) VLDL c) HDL d) TG
277) Kata thermometer is used to measure a) pressure b) cold air* c) hot air* d) ————- .
278) All of the following DNA can be taken as sample except a) buccal mucosa b) CSF c) Hair d) —— .
279) One question regarding cholera toxin / cholera the gene transmitted by-bacteriophage, plasmid OR metabolic change occurred in cholera– metabolic acidosis with normal anion gap. OR metabolic change occurred in congenital pyloric stenosis.
280) Investigation of choice in intraabdominal bleeding or acute pancreatitis I
marked CT scan .other choices were given MRI, ERCP etc ….v